Sunday, April 11, 2010

Memories and turning thirty four

Michael turned 34 today! He's getting old huh! Unfortunately I have had a cold over the past few days, which hasn't been too bad, but this morning I felt very ordinary, with a sore throat and headache, so I didn't go to General Video Conference with Mick and the girls. I did however get to watch the Saturday sessions on the internet and finish off Mick's birthday cake. The peaceful home was very soothing actually and it was nice to listen to some of conference with no distractions. I LOVE video conference and always feel uplifted and inspired from it. They are always so relevant - no matter what stage of life you are at. I'm excited to listen to the rest of them. I also love how they take bits of the talks and make them into mormon messages for YouTube now. Elder Holland's talk last conference was so powerful and one of my favourites.

When Mick and the girls got home we had a nice relaxing afternoon eating cake and not doing much else! The weather seems to be turning colder each day, which is a little sad but I do enjoy home days when it's cold outside! It was nice to have everyone home together and Mick out of his study for the day!

Here is the Man of the Day on the Champs Elysees last July. Photo is a little shady but he was so happy this day!!


He was also pretty happy the day we climbed the Col de la Colombiere, maybe even happier! So that's what I attempted to make his cake of!


We have such great memories of that day, and even though it was far from a perfect day (with quite a few things happening not the way we would have planned) it was still one of the best days we have ever had together and we will never forget it.

I also made him a chocolate bike - which was on the cake - but it broke, so it ended up on a plate! He was pretty happy!

1 comment:

Elle said...

i don't know why I think thats so funny.. but hell I was laughing so hard with the chocolate bike - I am sorry, I don't know why.. you did a pretty good job of it.. I just laughed