Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bubble Blowing

Mick had to attend a course today at work on Paediatric Anaesthesia, so the girls and I made a huge mess of the house while he was out. It really doesn't take long, especially when you have one little girl (Emily) who doesn't really like to pack up after herself! Most of the time it takes a bit of nagging to get Em to help pack up. To be fair, she can also be very good at getting in and helping - but it's usually only when she wants to! While the girls were stamping and sticking and playing with just about everything I did some 'moving things around!' Which reminds me of something Leilani said about 3 weeks after we moved in here "Mum, why do you just keep moving everything around??" I guess it was a fair comment as the clock got moved 5 times and every picture has just about been on every different hook at one point! Anyway I have turned Mick's study into a craft room!!! I don't think he was too excited when I first suggested it, but then he agreed that he really doesn't spend that much time in here because he mostly goes back to work to study because it's easier and less distracting there!! Anyway, he still has his desk and I'm loving MY new room!

It was Charlotte's birthday yesterday, so we headed off to her party in the afternoon with Leilani dressed as Snow White! There were lots of great costumes there and everyone had a fun time together. Leilani and Emily haven't stopped singing Crocodile, Crocodile, may we cross the golden river!?" Didn't take any photos so we will have to wait for Blanche to post some!! Anyway... the girls got some bubbles in their party bags so they spent a bit of time this morning out the back blowing and blowing... this time I did take some photos!














It was such a beautiful day today so Aunty Elle came up in the afternoon and we went for a walk along the bike track so the girls could ride their bikes! I think they did just as much running as they did riding though! Not because they don't like to ride their bikes - they just like to run as well!

We then went and did our grocery shopping where I had a lucky escape! $120.00 left in my 'grocery money account' and what did my total come to.... $118.00!!! phew! I was starting to get a bit nervous and thought I was going to have to do a 'Mum!' - I can hardly remember a time going on the big grocery shop with Mum after school that I didn't hear 'Just put that one last - in case we have to put it back'.... and most of the time, Mum would be taking a few things back out after seeing the total! Fun memories!

2 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

wow I would have spent that last $2 on a chocolate..LOL. ANyway the bubbles look great. Where is the bike track - is it long? I have a bike track but I can't get the bike or the pram up the stupid stairs to get on it...and have to go about 2 blocks to get on it and by that time I'm nearly done with my walk..LOL. Yesterday I pushed the pram around the streets cause Kobe wanted to go outside and stood near the door and cried until I gave in. I do feel bad for him though cause he does love the outside and he has been stuck inside for the past few days. But I can't really manage to take the baby and him out at this stage with my C healing. I have already done a little more than I should and it seems to hurt a little the next day and that aint good!!!

Debbie said...

I miss my girls