Monday, April 19, 2010

amazon.co.uk

I thought it was time I stopped moaning about how we got ripped off with the value of the pound on our return home and take advantage of it instead. So I got on amazon.co.uk and did some ordering. All I really wanted was some more Erica James novels, but when I saw Alias Season 5 (Final Season) for only 11 pounds I was so excited! When Michael and I first got married we were right in to Alias and would stay up and watch every episode - jigging away to the opening music! We have seen every season - except for the last - because I don't think they even showed that on TV? Could be wrong there, but we waited patiently for ages for it to come on and we never saw it advertised. ANYWAY.... so we have often thought about getting it, but it always just got put off.... until NOW! I decided to get season 4 as well, to complete the set (Laura, I am claiming your 2 seasons that are at Mums!). Such a bargain - even with the postage. I really just need to find time to watch them now! (And I'll have to watch season 4 again too, so that I can remember what was going on!)

When we were up visiting Sarah and Joe a few weeks ago, Taj and Owen showed us their Gruffalo book, and Sarah was telling me how much of a great story it is (not sure how I have never read it before really?!) so I decided to get a copy of it and its new dvd. LOVED the book (Thanks Sare if you are reading this!?) and the dvd is very cool too - the animation is awesome, and I'm sure this will become one of our favourite family reads!

So with the pound still only worth $1.65 jump on to amazon.co.uk and find yourself a few bargains... they arrived in the mail pretty quickly and it was fun opening up the package today!

P.S LOVE Erica James novels - and will be starting on my 5th one tonight!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We used to watch Alias too. Seems like forever ago though now! Its great when you find an author you love hey! Happy reading!

Ange Carmichael said...

The Theatre Royal had a Gruffalo play on a little while back...

Blanche said...

Well I've just checked your new blog! Sounds like you're going to be busy reading and watching dvd's for a while then!

Debbie said...

saw an Erica James book the other day but I'm not sure if it was one you had read or not