Monday, January 3, 2011

The Real Reason For Our Melbourne Trip...

...was to see the FOOTY! St Kilda Vs Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium - what a game! We rugged up thinking it was going to be cold, but our seats were great and it wasn't cold at all!!! What a game! As you should know, Mick goes for the Hawks and I go for the Saints so it was pretty exciting! Gail and Philip came over too which was great - except that they are also Hawthorn supporters! 

I wasn't totally alone though - we could see Scott and Katrina on the level below us so that was fun! My boss and his friends were also at the game - but I didn't see them!!






The kids got pretty tired after half time and I think they were sick of listening to me screaming and yelling! They didn't complain though, but I did start to feel a little sorry for them!!!!! Em ended up falling asleep before the end of the game. Before that though she had a great time with Grandma and Poppa!





       

And what an end it was! A draw!!!! We couldn't believe it! The game was such a good one - close the whole way through! The stadium was silent at the end..... no cheering, no theme song.... just silence!!!!

No comments: