Saturday, January 29, 2011

Believe

I went over to the Melbourne Temple in October with Mum, Elle, Lisa and Stan. We went as part of the Hobart Stake Week at the Temple. It was really nice to be there with lots of people that you know and I'm really glad we made the effort to get there. We were only there for 2 days and spent most of our time in the Temple so it was really special. 

It's nice to be reminded of what's important in life, to take time to remember our goals, our hopes and our dreams. There is something really special about entering the Temple and leaving the world behind and all the worries that come with day to day life. 

Life and its trials are easier to deal with when you know there is a purpose to it all. I'm thankful that we have standards to live by, that we have made covenants at Baptism and in the Temple that we try to keep. I'm thankful that we are encouraged to do our best and be our best and to always keep trying. There are so many things I want to be better at, things I know I can be better at, and I know if I do keep trying one day I'll get there! 



Mosiah 4:9

Believe in Godbelieve that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

3 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

yeah I so need to go more - it's terrible. I've lived in CO for nearly 3 years and have never been to the Denver Temple. I have had two kids in that time so it's been pretty impossible and I guess I can start thinking about it and working out ways to go now the kids can look after themselves..lol

Nikki said...

Beautiful post Han. xx

Aimee said...

so true...