Tuesday, October 12, 2010

80 Birthdays

We celebrated Pop's 80th birthday in June... now that's a lot of birthdays! I love our Pop and have lots of great memories of him from when I was a kid. Walks in the paddock, sleepovers, trips to the shops (no one can forget him slipping you a couple of extra dollars after Nan had already given you some!) 
He's a lot quieter these days, just sits back and takes it all in I think! But you can tell he loves you, just from the way he looks at you! He has always been a great Pop, and I think we are really lucky. He loves seeing all the little kids and always gives them a big smile. He would do anything for us, for anyone really. 




Leilani and Emily waiting in line for their turn to give him a present! We had a lovely Family Tea, with almost everyone there. I think Pop likes seeing everyone together. It gets pretty noisy these days - but I guess that's what families do! 






7 comments:

Blanche said...

how wonderful to have the whole family together to celebrate something so monumental as an 80th. Looks noisy :) but you wouldn't want it any other way would you?

lauracritchfield said...

yes it does get a little noisy these days - But I guess noise is good for the soul. glad you are finally posting up to date stuff - well close to it anyway..lol

Nettie's Blog said...

that is so beautiful seeing all the family there (what a bountiful spread of food..those cream puffs were inviting me)and you are right about how much your pop enjoys seeing you all and his grand and gret grand kids...you can see it in his face...who cares about the noise ...( I reckon he turned his heaing aid down..hehehe)

Ange Carmichael said...

Wow that food did look great...was wondering why I looked so worried then remembered this was the night Zak was unwell and we thought he was going to throw up the whole night!!

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

Nice blog han :) was a fun night and yes that food does / was very yummy!

Bride said...

wow!!! 80! he looks great!
And how on earth can you Woolley's all stay in shape with food like that around????
Looks amazing!

Claire said...

Bride... have you seen the shape of some of us mammoths....!!!

Great post Han, I was a bit upset I couldn't be there. I did hear Grace made up for it though by having a rather loud tantrum or two. Argh, that girl!!!