Monday, November 8, 2010

A Trip Away with Daddy

Both Leilani and Emily love and adore their Dad. He's a great dad and even though he is pretty busy working full time and studying, he gives them lots of attention and is always so happy to see them. When he does get to spend time with them he makes it quality time. He teaches them things, talks to them, listens to their stories and asks questions. He takes them to the park and for walks and plays games with them. He loves his little girls and would do anything for them. 

In July it was Grandmama's 90th birthday, so Mick took the girls up to see her in Launceston and stayed with Grandma and Poppa for the night. Unfortunately I couldn't go because it was my first shift back at Salamanca Inn. I was a bit sad to be staying home alone, but I was also kind of excited to have a huge sleep-in and the next day all to myself. However it turned out to be a total disaster - I finished worked about 11pm, came home, rang Mick, started to feel a bit sick (put it down to not eating much for tea)  went to bed and then spent the whole night throwing up every 20-30 minutes. It was awful. So much for a nice day at home to myself - I stayed in bed all day tossing and turning - only getting up to empty my own sick bucket!!! Yuck!

Anyway, back to Mick and the girls - who were having a great time away while I was at home in bed!!!!! Not really sure exactly what they got up to but I did hear a few stories, and found these pictures!

{Emily drinking her OJ and ending up with a bright yellow mo!}


{A visit to see Aunty Kristy and Gus - It was his birthday a few weeks earlier, so they took him a present - which he loved!}





{Of course a visit to Grandmama's to wish her a huge happy 90th Birthday}


{And a visit to Nanny King's as well}



The girls loved spending time with their Dad and also with our Launceston family.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Emily looks happy to see Grandmama lol..!

lauracritchfield said...

That sucks that you were so sick. Did you find out why or was it just the flu...You're probably lucky everyone was away - nothing worse than having to talk to someone when you want to throw up..lol